Updated: Feb 7
You need not look far for Valentine's Day gift and date ideas this February. Lake Country's Scenic Sip wine trail has something for everyone.
Here are our top 5 quick gift ideas to get you started. Followed by even more tips on ways to enjoy the month of love here in Lake Country, BC.
1) A day out for Sweetheart Pairings - visit any of our six participating wineries for a wine and food pairing on Saturday 11th, or Sunday 12th. Further details below.
2) Book a date night at one of our stunning restaurants. Gray Monk Estate Winery and 50th Parallel Estate Winery have special set menus available for Valentine's Day.
3) Take advantage of some of the exceptionally sweet Valentine's deals and give the gift of wine. Both Ex Nihilo Vineyards and Intrigue Wines have bundles available.
4) Shop locally made. You can find many locally made gifts like candles, soaps, jewellery and even clothing in the Lake Country tasting rooms.
5) Gift a VIP experience. An elevated wine tasting can be booked in advance and is the perfect way to both spend quality time and make your special someone feel like a VIP. Ex Nihilo Vineyards and Peak Cellars offer VIP experiences throughout the winter.
Wine your way to your loved one's heart and visit Lake Country's Scenic Sip for our Valentine's tasting event. Enjoy a wine-pairing experience at each participating winery. In lieu of tasting fees, donations will be collected at each winery to benefit the heart and stroke foundation.
Each winery experience is available by donation (min $5 per location/person).
Valentine's Day Dining on the Wine Trail
If you've been meaning to check out either 50th Parallel Estate's Block ONE restaurant or Gray Monk Estate Winery's, The Look Out restaurant, Valentine's is the time to do it!
Both of these exceptional winery restaurants feature a set menu for Valentine's Day. And they're available with wine pairings!
Don't forget to check out Peak Cellar's Garden Bistro as well. Their themed menu nights are a wonderful way to spend a date night!
Support Local Makers and Creators
Many of wineries also stock products from local artisans and creators in their tasting rooms, making them the perfect place to pick up something special to accompany a bottle of wine.
From locally made KARAT chocolate, lovely jewellery by JCI Creations, candles by CRUSH, recipe books by local authors like Jennifer Schell, to apparel from North Okanagan Apparel.